RSS

Here is a story of one of my many law breaking moments....


So at Noon, on April 19th, 2009, I was so kindly visited by a lovely man from the Sheriffs Department. I answered the door, in my comfies, you know the capri sweatpants and a long sleeve shade shirt, I was hot to trot, let me tell you. Well he says I need to pick up some boots, I said oh no, why were they stolen?

See about a month ago I bought some DC snow boarding boots through eBay, haven't used my eBay account since July of 2007. The only thing that I do use it for, is when Jessica needs to send me cash for stuff like gifts that we go in together on, cause she is in EYE-DA-HOE and I am stuck here in EWE-TAH. Anyways, I paid with pay pal, and I use the credit card that was saved on file, you know, you put one in it takes the old one off and saves the info automatically, but, usually I use my bank account, but I didn't have anything in there, cause I never use it, so I used the credit card. So, that fills you in on some of it, now back to the rest.

So He comes in and motions that I should ask the kids playing video games to leave the room, like he has some horrible news to tell me, so I say, Zak go in mommies room, he says NO! I was like, holy shit, NOW, you are going to do this. NOW?! The child never talked back to me and NOW he makes this his 1st time? He got the look of death and I said, GO!

So I sit down and he says I need to talk to you about some boots, I was like OK? He asked if I paid for them , I said of course I did. Do you have proof? Well, yes I do, come in here and look at my computer. Where I just sent the back talker and now had to kick him out of here, oh, and my computer is in my bedroom. I was thinking, oh great, he's going to think I am trying to seduce him by asking him to come into my room and look something up. I tell ya what, the things that go through my head at the most inappropriate time. Just plain wrong.

OK, I like to kinda stray away from the story, I think I am what you would call a Jumper. Which mean I can tell 3 or 4 stories at one time and I know what I am saying and where I am in that particular story and why story A and B have nothing in common, but once put with D and E in such an order as A,E,D,C,B, then it all basically says the same thing.. get it?

OK back to the story. I said, come in here and I will pull up both my pay pal and my eBay accounts and show you. I told him how Josh searched for days and found these and paid with his own money to get em. I was so proud, my kid saved some money. WOW, what a concept, really. It was amazing.

So I pulled up my eBay and said see, it says paid for.  Then I pull up my pay pal and said SEE, with a slight snotty attitude, it also says paid. Then I get looking closer and I am freaking out a bit. The billing address isn't my address. I said wait this isn't my address and he said no, it isn't your address and we did that back and for a few time, until he said look at it, it should be familiar to you. So I looked for a moment and went OH SHIT! That is the address for my old job back in 2007. He said, YEP, it is. Then I remembered, I let them use my account to pay for a Frisbee Golf set, you see they make trampolines, soccer nets, all sorts off goodies for the kids, So they wanted to start making Disc Golf stuff too.

Brodey, my brotha from the same motha should remember this because he is "Frofler" as I like to call it He doesnt appreciate the name, but I insinst on calling it that. I told my boss about him and said he should get with my brother, he knows everything about frolfing.  Anyway, they ordered one and for some reason I let them use my pay pal account to pay for it. They entered in their CC # and I never thought twice about it.

Come to find out, the info was never deleted and I totally forgot that I ever did that till he made me really look at the address, then I freaked. If you don't use it, it still saves it for next time. So that is what it was all about.
I honestly couldn't understand why they wouldn't have just called me and said, hey is there a reason you used our credit card for $33.00? I mean, yeah $500, $5000  maybe send the cops to take this chicka to jail, but $33.00? Honestly, it was a big miss understand, and if you become a constant reader you will see, I have MANY, misunderstandings. Some intentional, most not so much.

So I went in talked with the man, told him what happened and wrote him a check. Glad that it all worked out, He said he thought it was something like that, and once again I thought, then why in the bloody hells bells didn't you just call me. I mean really.
So long story short, I did not go to jail. I did not steal someones credit card # and use it. So that is a good thing. The cop that came by was really nice, he didn't even laugh when I started crying like a baby, that was super dope of him. I found out he knows my cousin, Brandon. So another plus, I guess. You see, anytime I get in trouble, with the law, or in general I like to drop names. Like hey do you know this person and the reply, Well yeah, I do. I answer back well guess what me too, so were like cool then, right?
So, if you lend out your pay pal or anything that takes a credit card, make sure it deletes the info, this could happen to any of you. If you don't have cash in the one account it automatically goes to the default account, and if your hubby keeps the CC, then you cant check the numbers. Especially when is it like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-#### space cadet, yes, but not my fault.

So the moral of THIS story...
Don't offer your service to everyone. Because one day, it will come back to bite you in the keyster. Not so much like Karma, cause bad + bad = Bad Karma, I mean, you think you were doing a good thing, but when you add stupid + stupid its usually equals Goll dern IDIOTIC!

0 comments:

Post a Comment